Skip to content

Android tinyCam Monitor

edited January 2015 in SecuritySpy
We setup about 10 or 12 cameras with the trial version of SecuritySpy. I had successfully set them up for viewing in the Android tinyCam Monitor Pro by using the different channel numbers in the Advanced Settings.

Now that our Dahua cameras are in, we have removed all the old test cameras and added begun adding the Dahua's. We've alos purchased a full version of the software. I've got three cameras added, but only one of them will show up in tinyCam Monitor. I've looked at the camera name and number using Device Map in SecuritySpy, but none of them work.

Is there some way to reset the software? Do I need a new "profile" to get this working correctly? It was really easy to setup during our evaluation of the software...I'm certain I'm missing something.

Thanks!

Comments

• Also...The three camera numbers listed in device map are 0,6, & 11. Placing a "0" or a "1" in tinyCam Monitor shows a feed from the same camera... No other channel number will show a feed at all.
  • Sorry to hear of your problems, this is unusual, we haven't heard of any problems with tinyCam Monitor before.

Do you see live video from the cameras in SecuritySpy (i.e. are they connected and streaming successfully)?

Are you able to view all cameras in a web browser connected to SecuritySpy's web interface?

Are you sure you have specified SecuritySpy as the device type ("camera model") in tinyCam?

Are you sure you have correctly tried the right camera numbers (0, 6, and 11) in tinyCam?

You could try deleting and reinstalling tinyCam on your Android device to see if this resolves the problem.
  • I uninstalled tinyCam Monitor and reinstalled...still no joy.

I ended up just moving the SecuritySpy preferences file to the desktop and relaunching to start from scratch. Everything is working fine. Seems that something didn't like the deletion of cameras and then adding back cameras.