Skip to content

Sensitivity

edited December 2014 in SecuritySpy
Hi all - perhaps this is a daft question, however I would like to see if I can undersand these settings correctly.

With regard to the sensitivity of Motion Detection, how does the % work. Does a higher % value mean a greater sensitivity or vice versa?

Same goes with the audio detection trigger...higher % means greater sensitivity?

Many thanks

Philip

Comments

• It appears that the higher the % the greater the sensitivity.. I set the sensitivity to 90% on my camera and it seems to go right into record when set to active mode, where as when it is set to 25%, I have to wave my arms like a crazy person to start a recording... I have not tried the audio, but I am guessing it would be the same.
  • The motion-detection sensitivity setting sets the sensitivity of the algorithm - a higher number in this setting (i.e. moving the slider to the right) means more sensitive, so that motion detection will be triggered more easily.

For audio, this is a bit different because audio detection is triggered when the audio level exceeds a certain set threshold, expressed as a percentage. So if you have an audio detection trigger level of 20% you will capture many more events than a trigger level of 80%.

I can see that this might be a bit confusing because higher numbers mean different things for video and for audio. This is simply a result of the very different methods of detection that need to be employed for video vs. audio. We may change the naming of the settings in the future to make them more consistent with each other, but for now this is the way things are.
  • Many thanks Ben...appreciated...