Skip to content

Profile request for Uniview

Ben & Company,

Could you maybe please take a look at making a unique profile for Uniview cameras? I picked up five 5MP turrets with the resolutions pasted below, but I get a ton of errors from not being able to decode in H.265. I use the standard ONVIF profile. Let me know what you think. I usually grab each beta as they drop, but the S/spy version hasn't mattered.

2880x1620 @ 30fps, or also 25fps. (I use 25)

2560x1440 @ 30fps, or also 25fps. (or this at 25, same result)

2304x1296 @ 30fps, or also 25fps

1920x1080 @ 30fps, or also 25fps.

Error from camera "<cameraX>", it will be closed. 5.5.6b6,22185,-12909 Failed to decompress incoming video frame. Image data decompression failed - bad data.

Comments

• BenBen
    edited March 2023

Unfortunately a custom profile isn't going to help here - if the ONVIF profile works to get the video stream started then it's doing its job; decoding errors are a result of problem with the actual video data stream, which would be the same whether using the ONVIF profile or a custom profile.

The first thing to check is if you are seeing any packet loss in the stream. In the Camera Info window, click the header bar where you see the column names, and enable the Packet Loss column. Does this report a non-zero loss at any time (in red)? If so, then there is a problem with the data transfer over the network that needs to be addressed by fixing the network and/or reducing the cameras' frame rates.

In general, I would recommend a much lower frame rate than 25 - this is excessive for general-purpose CCTV. Try setting the cameras to 10fps instead to see if this helps the issue.

I would also check if there is any updated firmware for these cameras available from Uniview and install it if available. This often fixes such problems.

Finally, if the cameras also support H.264 encoding, it's worth trying this instead, to see if this works better than H.265.

If you continue to have problems, please email us and include a screenshot of the camera's encoding settings, and a debug file (SecuritySpy menu > Debug > Create Debug File On Desktop) and we'll help you directly with this issue.