Skip to content

Remote Viewcam Login

I've got a problem, which I think I've mostly figured out, but have no idea how to fix it. Whenever I try to log in remotely either via the web or the iOS app it fails and I get an error that the server that responded wasn't a security spy server. For some reason, it's trying to connect to my Synology NAS instead of the computer running security spy. I assume this is a kind of easy problem that just needs some routing changes but I have NO idea what to change.

Thanks!

Mike

Comments

• Hi Mike, it sounds like both the NAS and SecuritySpy are available to the Internet. When multiple servers are available via the same connection in this way, they will both be using different ports - this is how you can choose to connect to one or the other, even though the address is the same. So the problem is probably that you are using the wrong port for the attempted connection to SecuritySpy. By default, SecuritySpy uses port 8000 for HTTP access and 8001 for HTTPS access, so make sure you are specifying this when attempting the connection, for example the form of the URL used in a web browser (e.g. Safari) for a secure connection to SecuritySpy would be https://example.viewcam.me:8001

• edited May 2022

I kind of thought it was something like that. Changed ports and opened the new ports on the router for it and works great again!

I really need to learn more about how all those ports and things work.

Thanks!

Mike

• Great to hear you managed to resolve the issue!