Skip to content

Feature Request: Notifications on Intel machines

I installed SecuritySpy on my M1-based MacBook and LOVE the notifications that it produces in the Notification Center. Can we please get a solution to do this with Intel-based machines.

Comments

• I think you must be referring to the SecuritySpy iOS app, which can also be installed on M1 Macs and used for viewing. This handles notifications via Apple's standard notification mechanism (APNS), which all iOS users will be familiar with. As you have discovered, this type of notification also works when you install iOS apps on M1 Macs. But, unfortunately, there is no way to send these types of notifications to Intel Macs.

One possible solution for an Intel Mac is to use email notifications.

Or, you could use a second copy of SecuritySpy, and set up its motion detection to notify you as you choose (e.g. show the video window, play a sound etc.). The downside of this is that is requires a second SecuritySpy license.

• That's exactly what I referring to Ben. It is really great and doesn't use as many system resources as a second copy of SecuritySpy.

• I agree, it's certainly a great feature provided by Apple that it's possible to seamlessly run iOS apps on M1 Macs. Since Intel is basically legacy for Apple at this point, it's understandable that they haven't implemented the emulation required to run iOS apps on Intel Macs.