Skip to content

Hikvision dome setup problem

Greetings to all...

I am setting up a new system at a new home and can't solve one particular problem so I'm putting this out to those more experienced...

Eight IP cams, all Hikvision (6 x bullets, 2 x domes), all on new cat. 6 home wiring. All except one dome camera are up and running fine...

One dome stubbornly refuses to set up on SS yet works just fine through my web browser. I'm using the Hikvision profile (just like the others), password if correct but I only get "connection timeout" errors. I've tried rebooting without success.

Any other ideas? It doesn't seem like a defective camera since it clearly works outside of SS.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• A timeout error usually means one of the following items has been specified incorrectly in SecuritySpy: address, port or format. So, please check these to make sure they are correct. If you are still having problems, I think the best thing would be to email us, and include a screenshot of the device settings in SecuritySpy as well as the screenshot of the camera's IP settings (as shown in a web browser when you connect to the camera's settings page), and we'll help you direct to resolve this. Or if you prefer to continue via the forum please feel free to paste these images below so we can check them.

• Ben:

Well, now everything is working fine, although I don't think I did anything different on the setup. Perhaps the second reboot cleared "something." Thanks for the prompt reply and offer of assistance - you've got a quality product that I've used for years. Now i"ll start trying to learn the remote access feature for my phone...