Viewing recorded files
  • Hi,

Apologies, I'm sure this has been asked before. I'm using SecuritySpy on a Mini Mac M1 and viewing it via another mac laptop over a local network. I have a 2nd copy of SecuritySpy on the laptop and can see the cameras as a "live view". My question is can SecuritySpy on the laptop view the recorded files on the mac mini server ? When i open the browser option on the laptop it sees no files. I assume that's because it's looking at the laptop memory and not the mac mini server memory. I have limited time to research this so it's quicker to ask.

Another question on the mac mini which is connected via ethernet cable to the wifi router, should I turn the mac mini's own wifi off ? Since it's connected to the wifi router anyway it seems redundant.

Thanks James
  • Hi James,

When using a second copy of SecuritySpy as a viewer, it will only display the live video from the server not captured files. To view captured files, use a web browser (e.g. Safari or Chrome) or the SecuritySpy iOS app.

If the Mac is connected by Ethernet, it's best to turn off WiFi to avoid any conflicts between the two.
  • Great, thanks
  • I had the same question. I would love if the option to view the server's browser from another SecuritySpy instance would be added in the future. The iOS app and web interface are lacking all the AI search features.

Of course I would also love if the advanced search options were to be added to the iOS app and web interface. ;)
  • Hi Ben,

Would it be possible to add the AI search features to the iOS app and web interface? Being able to search for humans or vehicles on the iOS app would make reviewing footage easier.

Thank you.
  • Thanks for the suggestions, I think this would be a good idea to include this functionality in the iOS app and/or web interface, I'll see what we can do.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!