Hikvision DS-2CD2455FWD-IW
  • I see the Hikvision DS-2CD2455FWD-IW is on the 10 Recommended IP Cameras 2021 blog post. Can anyone confirm that this cam can be configured using a Mac web browser? I have older Hikvision cameras that require me to fire up an old Windows VM to complete setup in a web browser.
  • I'm having a similar issue with a Hikvision DS-2CD2D21G0/M-D/NF
  • We haven't seen a Hikvision camera yet that can't be configured with a Mac browser. Maybe not all advanced features work, but the basics such as IP setup, image setup, video encoding etc. should all be OK. @gibsonr29 what problems are you seeing?
  • Thanks, Ben. My Hikvision cameras are probably 4-5 years old at this point, but I can't config any of the Image Settings (exposure, day/night, backlight, white balance, image enhancement, etc.) from any Mac browser. You're correct that I can config IP address and video encoding parameters from my Mac without issue.
  • With the image controls, what you might find is that they actually do work, it's just that you don't get any instant feedback as the image isn't shown in the web interface. So, if you want to try these, try making adjustments while watching the image in SecuritySpy. Hopefully you'll see your changes taking effect, even though it's not obviously by looking at the web interface alone.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!