App & web server stop working after ~24hrs
  • Hi there,

As the title says, the app stops being able to connect after about 24 hours with the error “Connection Failed/Unable to connect to the server”. The web server becomes inaccessible at the same time. But recording, triggers and even iOS notifications work fine throughout.

Logging in via remote desktop and clicking around in Securityspy resolves the issue for another 24 hours or so. I don’t have to restart the app to fix it.

This is an installation that’s been working fine for years with the latest securityspy running on an older OS version. The problem started about the time I enabled the feature for uploading public webcam images to S3 and I’ve not had chance to try disabling that yet.

Any ideas please?
  • It's difficult to diagnose what might be going wrong here, and it's strange that simply clicking around in SecuritySpy resolves the issue temporarily.

The first thing to check is if the Mac in question is sleeping. Have you enabled the option to "Allow automatic computer sleep" under Preferences - General perhaps? Or, could someone be sleeping this Mac manually?

You mentioned that this problem started when you set up S3 uploads. This shouldn't be related, but this should be investigated by turning off these uploads temporarily to see if this resolves the issue. Please try this and report back.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!