Web server certificates
  • If I'm reading things right, the documentation indicates that you only need to specify a hostname at Preferences>Web>Dynamic DNS Name and it will retrieve a certificate from LetsEncrypt.org. I've done that, and the "Test" button returns a green light, but I'm still getting a self-signed certificate when I access the browser interface. What am I doing wrong?
  • You are correct that setting up a DDNS name is all that is required. If no official certificate is obtained, please check the following:

- Make sure you are running the latest version of SecuritySpy.

- If you are running any connection blocking software (e.g. "Little Snitch"), add an exception to allow all outgoing connections for SecuritySpy.

- Check the log file (File menu > Open Log) for any messages related to problems obtaining the certificate.

If the above doesn't solve the problem, please email us and include the log file as well as a screenshot of your web settings, and we will help you directly with this.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!