Skip to content

unexpected data error

edited October 2018 in SecuritySpy
Hi-
Just developed a new problem this afternoon. I've got two Zavio 6330s. One left and one right, outside mounted. I just started getting an unexpected data error on the left camera in the SS app. Nothing else has changed for either camera.

I can log into this camera via IP just fine on the same desktop machine, as well as a Mac laptop. I restarted the camera but still get the error on the desktop.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Mark

Comments

• Hi Mark,

The first thing to check is that you are using the latest version of SecuritySpy

Next, check the offending camera's video encoding settings. This should be set to H.264, baseline encoding, VBR (Variable Bit Rate) with a medium quality setting. I would suggest a frame rate of 5-10fps, and set the I-frame interval to 2x-3x the frame rate.

Does this resolve the problem?
  • Same here after latest update all cams unexpected error since update on viewer software meaning Securityspy in expired mode.
  • Hi @roads could you please email us at support@bensoftware.com and include your log file (File menu in SecuritySpy -> Open Log). Please also let us know the make and model of your cameras. Thanks.
  • Sure log on which one the expired viewer or my registered one that is serving?
  • We'll need the log file on whichever instance of SecuritySpy that is giving you these errors.