Skip to content

Doorbell Cam

2»

Comments

• Just checking to see if the Hikvision DS-KB6403-WIP is being used out there with SS successfully? It one of the only ones available locally for me?

Or if there are any recommendations that would be better.

Next question is, if people are using such door bells are they able to give a notification through SS on the phone?
  • Hi @CraigMcGowan, yes the Hikvision DS-KB6403-WIP is compatible with SecuritySpy. With this camera, as well as any other, SecuritySpy can send you push notifications to your iPhone when motion is detected, so when this is set up you will get a notification when someone walks up to the door even before they push the button. Let me know if you need any further info.
  • Thanks Ben,
    I have have loved the way you have kept up development over the years. Its an awesome product and I certainly push it to anyone who is in the market for a security system.
  • Thanks Craig, much appreciated!
  • Afternoon all.

Well its been a long journey to get a Hikvision Door Bell, but I have finally got it. However I cannot find anywhere the user name and password to get into the camera via the ip address. Anyone out there know the default user name and password by any chance?
  • Hi Craig, the default username/password is usually printed on some documentation that comes with the camera. If not, try admin/12345 as the username/password. If that doesn't do it, try a hardware reset of the device and then try connecting to it again. Either admin/12345 should work, or the first time you connect to the device it should ask you to set a password of your choosing.