Skip to content

Playing video with Quictime - VLC

edited February 2016 in CaptureSync
Hi,
I just downloaded Capturesync demo and I am trying the soft. I am using the MAcbook Facetime and the Logitech C920. Looks good on screen.
But... when I open the .MOV file with Quicktime Player (10) I only get to see the Facetime video. When I open the .MOV file with VLC I get the 2 video's but as separated screens. What am I doing wrong??

Comments

• Hi - please download and install QuickTime Player 7 from Apple. This should play back the movies correctly. Unfortunately the latest version of QuickTime Player (10) does not handle multi-track movie files. For the next version of CaptureSync we will look into alternative file formats, however there does not seem to be one that properly fits the bill at the time. It may be a case of us having to write a playback application that will correctly play back the movie files created by CaptureSync.
  • Update: we've discovered a problem with QuickTime Player 7 and Mac OS X 10.11 "El Capitan" where it will just display a black screen when attempting to play back multi-track movies unfortunately.

So we have created QuickPlayer, which is a free playback app that will correctly play back these movies (and any other movies) on any OS X system version from 10.7 onwards.

This software is in its early stages and we are planning improvements in the future. Let us know if you have any suggestions.
  • I struck the OSX10.11 issue, and was pleased to find QuickPlayer app. Is it possible to add very basic editing to the app? I have large files collected in Capturesync and I need to extract short segments. Exporting the files first is very time-consuming. The ability select just a portion of file for export would be very helpful.