Problem getting to first base
  • I have downloaded and installed the software but I cannot see any of my cameras. As best as I can see I have set the IP address, port etc. but just getting no picture on any of them. I can access them fine with other software. Two of them definitely seem to be supported by Security Spy (Foscam and Dahua). I must be doing something wrong, can someone give me some basic pointers please
  • I should have also added that if I click on the Local Devices tab I also don't see any cameras, even though I have a working iSight camera.
  • Hello! Have you gone through our instructions on setting up network cameras?

Basically you will need to do the following:

- Set up the camera with a static IP address on your local network.
    - In the Video Device Settings window in SecuritySpy, create a new network device.
    - Enter the camera's IP address and username/password.
    - Choose the correct Device Type from the list.

If you are still having problems, please email us with screenshots of your settings and the Log file that you will find in the SecuritySpy folder within your Documents folder.
  • I now have the Dahua camera working (wrong RTSP port), however I cannot get the Foscam F18620 working. This is in the list of supported cameras - any suggestions ?

- just seen your reply Ben, have done all that but I will post the log
  • For the FI8620:

- Select the "Foscam FI8608W, FI8620(W)" profile in SecuritySpy
    - Leave both port boxes empty
    - Enter the camera's IP address and username/password
    - Try both the "H.264 RTSP" and the "H.264 RTSP-over-HTTP" Format options in turn

Does this work?
  • Boy i have the same problem. I have Swann pro-780 cameras that are BNC tomy DVR and then to my router. I can view them with the crappy software but unable to view on securityspy. Do I have to setup the webserver and camera device settings to view or just camera device settings and how? Thanks greg
  • Hi coastlineamps - unfortunately it is unlikely that your DVR device will work with SecuritySpy. Such devices tend to use non-standard codecs and streaming formats, and SecuritySpy is not designed to work with DVR devices, being DVR software itself. SecuritySpy is mainly designed to work with network cameras.

If your device is capable of sending a HTTP MJPEG or RTSP MPEG-4/H.264 stream, or single JPEG images, then it may be possible to set this up in SecuritySpy manually - check the user manual of the DVR device to see if it shows information about this (specifically, the relevant HTTP or RTSP requests/URLs). Unfortunately this information is often not shared by DVR manufacturers.

It is possible however to use your existing analog cameras with SecuritySpy, but you'll need a different analog-to-digital input device - I would recommend one or more Axis M7014 devices:

http://www.axis.com/products/cam_m7014/

Hope this helps.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!