Skip to content

Audio on YCam

edited August 2013 in SecuritySpy
Long time user - just added another Camera to my setup - I now have 3 YCam White Cameras (white classics) on the system.

All works well except I have never been able to get audio working - is there anything I'm missing?

I have switched audio on, on the CAMERA firmware (Latest build 3.39), and it is ticked in the security spy software.

Thanks!

Comments

• Hi David,

SecuritySpy can use audio from all the Y-cam cameras.

Firstly, make sure that you are using one of the RTSP options (MPEG-4 or H.264 as appropriate to your camera) for the Format selection in the Video Device Settings window in SecuritySpy (as opposed to the JPEG HTTP option which is video-only).

Then, open the Camera Status window in SecuritySpy - do you get the small speaker icon next to the camera? If so, then the audio stream is coming in OK. Click this speaker icon to play the live audio through the computer's speakers. If you are still having trouble, please email us and send the log file that you will find in the SecuritySpy folder within your Documents folder, and if you can send screenshots that demonstrate your settings that would also be very useful.

Thanks,
    Ben