Continuous capture not working
  • I am moving to a new synology nas to store my recordings. I think i have everything setup properly, but i am getting this error on all 8 cameras.
    "Error performing continuous capture for the camera "Garage", continuous capture mode has been disarmed. (Failed to create new continuous-capture recording 11540,28 No space left on device)"

there is space on the NAS 24TB free, and the local computer has 150GB free space. and i test the Uploads area and they succeed, for each camera going to a different directory.
  • This particular error code indicates that it's not the movie files themselves that are failing, but the "backup files" that SecuritySpy writes to the ~/SecuritySpy/Backup Files/ folder. These store metadata in order to reconstruct the movie files if there is a problem during capture (e.g. a power cut). The error is occurring when SecuritySpy is attempting to create these files. So it's the space on the Mac's startup (system) volume that you need to look at - try deleting files on the system volume in order to clear some more space.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!