No web HQ playback for Hikvision cube cam
  • I installed a Hikvision DS-2CD2443G0-IW inside cube camera and set it up with SecuritySpy ver 5.2.1. It is set at 10 fps and 2688*1520 using H.264 codec. It records motion just fine and using the SS browser or iOS app I can play back motion clips. However, it doesn't play back in HQ when accessing via the web server from Safari or Chrome. The latter gives a "This plugin is not supported" message. I've tried a couple of different resolutions and H.265 with the same result. I'm recording both video and audio.
  • It's most likely the audio format that is preventing this. For movies to play back in a web browser, they need to be encoded with H.264 or H.265 for video, and AAC for audio. Hikvision cameras cannot provide AAC audio, so you will need to get SecuritySpy to convert the audio stream to AAC.

This is described in the following FAQ: Why can't I play back captured files in a web browser?
  • That did the trick. Sorry I missed the FAQ before posting. I had searched but obviously didn't get the right key words.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!