Issues with Chinese Ip camera
  • I have a generic Chinese dome camera. no idea of manufacturer. It worked well for years under the generic ONVIF
    Now I am getting unable to communicate error failed to obtain video frame from the devoice. I an access the camera direct.. any thoughts on next step
  • What's the exact error code, as shown in the log (File menu in SecuritySpy -> Open Log)?

• 01/23/2020 09:51:02: Error communicating with the network device "Front Door". 4.2.12,70900,800 Failed to obtain video frame from network device. The operation timed out.
  • guess this is a no go.. just strange it worked for years and quit. and the I still have access to it
  • This error indicates a network issue or some problem with the address or port entered for the device in SecuritySpy. Could you please double-check that the address entered into SecuritySpy is correct (ideally this should be the auto-discovered ONVIF address given by SecuritySpy, but you could also try the camera's IP address directly). Also do you have any custom ports entered into SecuritySpy? Usually the port boxes should be left blank.

Also, have you tried a reboot of the camera?
  • Ok. I reset the camera , cleared all the settings and ran auto discover again... and good times.. it worked!! thanks wish I could have that luck with the other two failures. but those are network problems. Thanks!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!