Picture scaled horizontally in Camera view
  • I have (3) POE SV3C 5 Megapixel Cameras with ONVIF Support HD 2592 x 1944 and (1) of the same camera that is wifi enabled. All 4 connected to Security Spy easily with good sound/audio using the ONVIF profile, the only issue I am having is the preview for the 3 POE cameras seems scaled horizontally (approx. 70%) in the camera window when compared to the wifi model. This is not the case using the manufacturer's software which is different for the wired/wifi cameras, hence the use of SS to consolidate them. I tried choosing some of the auto-detect profiles with no change and I cannot enter in a value for Video Size in the Device Setup window. Any suggestions?
  • SecuritySpy receives whatever size/format video is being supplied from the camera, and generally has no control over what this is. Normally you would connect to the camera using a web browser to adjust these kinds of settings. Some cameras have resolution settings in different aspect ratios (16:9 / 3:2 etc.), with some cameras scaling the video to fit and others cropping the video.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!