What is your Doorbell Camera Recommendations?
  • So I've been reading the comments for 6+ months and been waiting on purchasing a video doorbell camera, in order to let the experts on this site work out the kinks. I would like to have my footage go to SS, where I'm uploading via 1Gb AT&T Fiber to Google Photos. I need something slender like the Hikvision or Ring

So what's the consensus? Any help is appreciated
  • Check out this other forum discussion about doorbell cameras.

My recommendation would be to go for a Hikvision model.
  • I have a Ring Pro and it works great.

The Good
    -Gives me real time audio at my front door to my Iphone.
    -Clear and reliable video on my phone.
    -Good motion detection.
    -Working doorbell.
    -The software updates regularly.
    -Some ifttt recipes.
    -If it gets stolen. Ring will replace it for free.
    -The ring app is decent.
    -Snooze feature. Kills notifications on for a predetermined amount of time 15 min - 2 hours. Helps a lot from 5-7 pm. My front door is busy and i don't get 200 notifications showing dogs and kids.

The Bad
    -$30 dollars a year.
    -It's $200 USD now.
    -No integration to SS or BI.
    -Its the internet of things, you might get hacked.
    -Cant speak to its low light quality. My porch is well lit 24/7. Probably not good in LL.
    All security cameras suck in low light. IMHO.

I was a early adopter of the Hikvision doorbell (LTS). Returned it in my 30 day return window. It felt like a beta release. IR glare was bad with no way to turn the IR LED off. Needs a real strong Wifi connection and these are Still issues for others. There seems to be some success here in regards to SS integration or if you have a Hikvision NVR. I didn't get that far. I already have two cameras viewing my front door. I bought this Ring Pro for the interim until someone brings a better and affordable Onvif-IP Doorbell solution. Im happy for now... When I talk to visitors at my front door they think i'm home no matter where i am. I find that a value.
    I'm not a Hikvision Hater. All of my IP cams right now are some Hik variant. I just that I put about 20 hours into that Hik doorbell cam and HIK Connect app and didn't get far. Thats why Im trolling it. Your mileage may very.

Cheers Tighe

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!