Emailed Images are received as MIME (text)
  • I am running v4.2.9 with a single Foscam FI8905W camera. 90% of the emailed files come in as MIME files (text). The other 10%, I'll receive the correct 10 image files in an email just fine. I've checked all the settings and don't see anywhere to correct this. Running a MacMin, MacOS 10.3.6
  • This is an unusual problem that isn't being reported by other users. What mail client are you using - is it Apple's Mail app on macOS, or some other software?
  • Yes, AppleMail. Sorry, OS should be 10.13.6
    Please let me know if you need any files, screen shorts or additional info. This happens with 2-different locations, sending the captured files to one email address. Captured jpg files appear correct on the host computer.
  • Additional note. When images do show properly in AppleMail, some are B&W and some are color. No set pattern that I can see.
  • Please do this for one of the affected emails:

    - Select it in Mail

    - Choose "Save As..." from the File menu

    - For the Format of the saved filed, select "Raw Message Source"

    - Please send the saved file to us as

    Hopefully this will allow us to spot any problems.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!