Skip to content

Not keeping old files since upgrading to Mojave

edited December 2018 in SecuritySpy
Since upgrading to Mojave, SS seems to not keep files older than a day or two. I haven't changed any settings in years. I have over 600GB free on my harddrive and SS is set to keep that drive at 500GB or more. Any idea what's going on here? Thanks!

Comments

• I would check that your storage location is still correctly pointed at your hard drive and not reverted to the SSD. Mojave install could conceivably change the volume definitions and confuse SS.
  • It sounds like you have set SecuritySpy to delete files when the free space drops below 500 GB - is this correct? This is a very high threshold, and will result in only 100 GB available for SecuritySpy to use, based on your figures. Try reducing this threshold to allow SecuritySpy to use more of the drive.
  • Thanks for the replies. Yes, 100GB might be a bit small but any older files are captured on my Time Machine backups. The fact remains that everything worked perfectly prior to the Mojave update. With that said, my backups seem to be sticking around more than a day or two now. Not sure what changed but it started to work like normal. Hope that helps someone else!