web server login
  • I want to be able to login to the webserver (with a script) without the login form appearing and without saving the username and password being stored in the browsers password database, is this possible ?.

I've tried passing such things as "view?cameraNum=0&cameraNum=2&cameraNum=3&imageSize=640x480" with different variations of "&username='xxx'&password='xxx' (in other words, login,user,pass,passwd etc), but all het is a "401 Unauthorized" message.

Is it possible to login this way (firefox/chrome dev tools hasn't helped so far).

• I've managed to figure this out (the answer was in the documentation), so for anyone else that tries this :-

I'm developing a cross platform app (for use in my factory) that will at random times, move a random camera (4 cam system) into a random position (either a preset position or a random sweep).

In other words, it's not predictable where any camera may be pointing next.

I'm using lazarus to develop it, so it will run on Mac, Windows, Linux :- (username/password and url all made up)

s := TFPCustomHTTPClient.SimpleGet('http://freddy:rh876321@website.com:8000/ptz/command?cameraNum=1&command=10&speed=1');

('OK' is returned in s).

Hope this helps someone.
  • Good to hear you found a solution.

Another solution is to add an "auth" parameter to the request - see the "Authentication in URL" section at the bottom of the SecuritySpy Web Server Specification page.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!