Hikvision Problem connection problem
  • Hi
    I have 2 Hikvision DS-2CD2142FWD cameras that have both been working great for 12 months. One decided to go off line and wont come back on. I have tried everything but all I get is Bad username or password even though they are correct. the camera is working because I can access it through the browser and log in with the same password and username.
    Any ideas thanks
    Chris
  • Can you think of anything that changed around the time of this happening: the camera firmware version, your SecuritySpy version, or anything else about your network?

The first thing to try is to change the password in the camera to something different, then enter this into SecuritySpy. Try a password of around 8 normal characters and numbers.

Then, make sure that SecuritySpy actually has the correct address for your camera: click the "Open In Web Browser" button under Preferences -> Cameras -> Device in SecuritySpy and verify that this takes you to the correct camera.

Let me know if this doesn't solve the problem.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!