Wyze Cam?
  • Has anyone had experience connecting a Wyze Cam? Given its low price I may pull the trigger anyway and see if I can get it to work with SecuritySpy but it'd be handy if someone else has already made it work. Thanks!
  • According to the manufacturer's FAQ for this camera, "The WyzeCam can only be used with the Wyze App on a smartphone device (iOS or Android)". So It appears to be a closed solution, tied to their own app, that does not support standard protocols.

I would recommend using only cameras listed on our list of supported cameras or ones that specifically state in their specifications that they support ONVIF (or at least RTSP streaming, in which case a manual setup should be possible).
  • Ugh, I didn't realize no ONVIF or RTSP. There seems to be a possible hack to enable RTSP (www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiUdSjby57M) and once the holidays are over I may get the cam and give it a try. Thanks for the quick reply, Ben!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!