Foscam IP cameras: no more PTZ control?
  • Hi,

I am (finally) upgrading my SecuritySpy 3 to version 4.1.6. First of all in version 4.1.6 the number of Foscam profiles has reduce to only 6. I use models FI8918W (PTZ) (3 of those), TV-IP312W, FI-9821P and FI-9828P. While the previous versions of SS did not have several of these cams in the profile list I managed to get them all to work (including PTZ). Unfortunately the new SS does not seem to support Pan/Tilt for any. The only profile that seems to work is "Foscam JPEG".
    Any idea how I can solve this problem?

peter
  • correction: the above TV-IP are of course Trendnet cams (which are still included in the list of profiles). The main problem is with the Foscam FI9821 which seems to have disappeared. I tried H264 but no luck.
  • Please could you try the latest beta version of SecuritySpy (currently 4.1.7b12). For the problem camera, go to Preferences -> Cameras -> Device, and click the "Auto-Detect Profiles" button. SecuritySpy will then go through all available profiles to find ones that work with your camera. Once it has finished and returned a list, try each one in turn (each time clicking the "Apply Preferences" button) - hopefully one will work for both video and PTZ.

Please let us know what you find.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!