iOS streaming speed
  • I have both SecuritySpy and SpyGlass apps installed on my phone. The live video quality in SpyGlass is consistently better than in the SecuritySpy app. The video feeds have timestamps, and in the SecuritySpy app the frame rate is frequently less than 1 frame per second, while the frame rate in SpyGlass is almost always better. Is there any setting that may be causing this behavior?
  • The behavior I'm seeing is simply not consistent with how you're describing it. I was watching a video in SpyGlass--video quality was good enough to see the blades of a ceiling fan turning. I closed the app and went immediately to the SecuritySpy app and clicked on the same camera. I've been staring at a grey camera icon with a red X through it for 2 minutes. I went back to SpyGlass and again I could watch the ceiling fan spin. Could there be a problem with having both apps connected with the same credentials? (The main reason I keep SpyGlass installed is for motion alerts).
  • So you aren't seeing any video in our iOS app when you tap on a particular camera? That's a different problem to seeing lower-quality video, and indicates some kind of connectivity issue. Please see above about turning on/off H.264 streaming in our app's settings - try with H.264 turn off as well as turned on.

Having both apps connected with the same credentials should not be a problem.

By the way, you may not be aware but you can actually enable motion notifications in our app:

http://bensoftware.com/securityspy/app-guide/#notifications
  • I can get approximately 1 frame per second in the home screen (multiple cams), but just an occasional frame when looking at individual cams--mostly it's the red X. Again, SpyGlass works perfectly. Both apps work fine when I'm at home and everything is on the same WiFi LAN. The issues I'm seeing are over 4G. I'll try turning H.264 off tonight.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!