801 error
  • Any ideas why I get an 801 error message on just one camera?. The log I do not understand. iMac 27" running Sierra
  • Hi Mike, this indicates that the camera is sending some unexpected data that cannot be interpreted by SecuritySpy. If you check the log (File menu -> Open Log) there should be a full error code (two numbers) with a description. What does it say there?
  • Hi Ben
    Sorry for not getting back to you. I will check tomorrow and get back.
  • Here is the error log Ben.
    22/05/2017 10:14:21: Error communicating with the network device "Network camera 1". 4.1.4,70284,801 Failed to obtain video frame from network device. Data from network device not as expected.

22/05/2017 10:24:29: Error communicating with the network device "Network camera 1". 4.1.4,70284,801 Failed to obtain video frame from network device. Data from network device not as expected.

22/05/2017 10:24:51: Error communicating with the network device "Network camera 1". 4.1.4,70284,801 Failed to obtain video frame from network device. Data from network device not as expected.
  • Hi Mike,

This error indicates that SecuritySpy is expecting a video stream, but the camera is sending a text document.

Could you please let me know the make/model of this camera, and how you have set it up in SecuritySpy (specifically what Profile and Format you have set under Preferences -> Cameras -> Device)?
  • Thanks Ben. I won't be able to post back until the end of the week.
  • Further to your request for Device information I noticed that the Profile was set to MPEG-4RTSP. I have set it to JPEG HTTP which is the same as the other cameras, so will see if this is where the problem was.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!