PTZ - step size and focus
  • Ben, I'm trialing SS and am very impressed so far, however I have two "issues" I was hoping you could advise on please.

I have an Acti B96 PTZ camera that works well with SS except in PTZ controls have a very large step size when panning. At the zoomed out position the step size is fine however when I zoom in the large panning step size means I can't pan to the spot I want to see. On the native Acti web interface it's possible to alter the step size to smaller increments - is panning step size something that can be added to SS?

Is it also possible to add a focus control to the PTZ control as focus usually changes when zooming and enabling Auto focus on the Acti isn't reliable at night?
  • Could you please tell me if you are using the ONVIF profile or the ACTi profile? A PTZ speed control is already implemented for the former, but not the latter. It may be possible to implement this for the ACTi profile too.

As for focus, this isn't a feature we are planning I'm afraid, because typically cameras either have fixed focus or auto focus, therefore this is very rarely requested by customers.
  • Thanks Ben, no I'm not using onvif as I couldn't get it to work ... by the way I had a LOT of trouble trying to get my Acti to work with SS - in the end I had to manually enter what are the default ports (80 and 7070) and it then worked .. I'm not sure what ports it uses for onvif so I may google that and try onvif ... Thanks
  • OK, so you're using the "ACTi" profile in SecuritySpy, right? It's strange that the camera is using port 7070 - is this the camera's standard port for RTSP? I don't know why camera manufacturers can't just stick to standard ports!
  • Yes Ben, I'm using Acti profile - and yes in the config page for the camera it has 7070 for the RTSP port ... I'm doing a scan of all ports now on the camera to see if I can find the onvif port - I'm not sure what the "default" is supposed to be
  • Well the onvif port is supposed to be 80 but I can't get SS to work with the onvif profile. I can get it working on manual profile however PZT isn't available ... looks like I'm out of luck and will have to use the acti profile :(
  • I downloaded this ONVIF Device Manager windows program which allows me to access the camera via onvif including PTZ so now I'm totally baffled as SS won't connect.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!