Connection error Macbook SS over internet
  • Hi,
    I'm new to the forum and maybe my question was asked earlier but I cannot find an answer. I have setup SS on my iMac using the auto-discovered option and added my 4 Foscam C2 camera's without problem. I can use Spyglass to view my camera's on my iPhone over the internet. So far so good.

Now I want to add SS to my Macbook (view only) but I can't get this to work. I would like to add the camera's with their no-ip ddns name and corresponding HTTP(S) ports (camera-name.ddns.net:port). I have changed the standard HTTP(S) ports to ports in the 2000 range and forwarded them correctly on my router (it works with other apps on my iPhone). The ONVIF and RTSP have not been changed on any camera. But wathever combination and settings (profile-format) I try, I either get an timed-out message or an IP-error. I tried connecting through the viewcam.me option but this that doesn't worh either. It doesn't show any streams. I'm out of options now. Could it have something to do with the ONVIF and RTSP ports (I cannot forward the standard (888-554) ports on my netgear router and should change them on all camera's to forward them seperately if needed)?

Any answer is appreciated. Thanks!
  • Personally to view outside the house, I either use iOS app (Spyglass in the past, now the SecuritySpy app), or web browser (https) on another computer.
    Trying to stream several 2MP cameras over a typical internet connection is not going to work well (it can be a problem over wifi if the signal isn't strong, and that is on the same local network)

I would guess that it is a problem with port being blocked, if you really are set on doing this - on the Foscam cameras, you can change the ONVIF and I believe RTSP ports in the settings, so you should be able to change it to something over 1024 that you can then forward through the router.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!