Prowl URL launch IOS app
  • Hi I just started to play around after realising that not having notifications directly in security spy iOS app that I could actually roll my own using my Indigo server and Growl>Prowl. It actually works really well because I can schedule when I get notifications and their threat level based on the time of day. My only problem is how would I go about launching the app on iOS from a prowl notification. Prowl can do this if the the app supports URL launching. But on top of that it would be really cool if I could launch straight in to the camera that the motion was detected on. Is this currently supported or can I add that to a feature that I would like.

Thanks

Lee
  • Hi Lee,

This isn't currently supported by our iOS app. I believe this requires us to implement a "URL Scheme" - we'll see if we can do this for the next update of the app.
  • Just wat to +1 this. Put together a quick motion-triggered iOS notification system and would love to be able to implement iOS URL Schemes into the notifications to push the user directly to the SecuritySpy app!
    k.
  • Hi - with the new 1.1 version of our iOS/tvOS app, we have implemented a URL scheme, as follows:

URL scheme format:
    securityspy://[host]:[port]/live?cameraNum=[n]
    securityspy://[host]:[port]/download?cameraNum=[n]

To select the most recent server, leave the host and port blank:
    securityspy:///live?cameraNum=[n]
    securityspy:///download?cameraNum=[n]

The best way to generate these links is to click the share button (the box with arrow) on any camera's video feed in the app - then click the "Copy Link" button and you have a choice to choose a link for the Live Feed or for Captures.

Note however that the new app also includes iOS notifications, so there is no need to implement this yourself!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!