Wansview 720P HD Wireless IP Camera K2
  • Any help you can give me getting this camera connected would be greatly appreciated. I already have an AXIS M1031-W working with SecuritySpy but am struggling with the Wansview. I appreciate it is cheap as chips and not on the supported camera list. I have tried ONVIF, Foscam, Wansview and Wansview H.264 settings without success.

The log for Wansview and Wansview H.264 is:
    05/01/2017 19:25:43: Error communicating with the network device "Network camera". 4.0.8,70280,404 Failed to obtain video frame from network device. File not found.

I have the camera connected via the supplied iOS app and streaming to Firefox OK.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
  • Hello, I have successfully connected 4 Wansview cameras to the SecuritySpy software.
    When you add the camera, you should use the profile ONVIF and format RTSP TCPin the device area.
    Then you should see the image from the camera in the setup area.
    If you email me I on Christer.hiort@icloud.com I can show you screen prints of how it is set up.
  • Thanks for the help. I've tried ONVIF and RTSP TCP but with no success. I am getting
    07/01/2017 10:05:40: Error communicating with the network device "Network camera". 4.0.8,8440,800 Failed to obtain video frame from network device. The operation timed out.
    I will email you for the screen prints to see if I am doing something wrong.
  • 800 is a timeout error, which indicates that the address and/or port is wrong.

Firstly, download and install the latest version of SecuritySpy (you are on the older 4.0.8 version).

With this version, you will see an "Auto-discovered devices" button under the Address field in the device setup. Select your camera from this list, under the "ONVIF auto-discovered devices" section. Don't enter anything in the Port boxes. Then click the Apply Preferences button.

Does this work?
  • Working fine now - might have been something to do with the fact I was only licensed for 1 camera - now licensed for 4. Thanks for your help.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!