Skip to content

Official Mac OS 10.12x Sierra Compatibility?

edited September 2016 in SecuritySpy
Is SecuritySpy cleared for Mac OS 10.12x? I haven't seen any official statement on this through the web site, but have seen brief mention of positive testing with the public beta in past forum posts.

Unless there is a suggestion not to, I will be waiting in line to download Sierra upon its release tomorrow. I have a Mac Pro dedicated to nothing but SecuritySpy and is the perfect environment for such testing. In fact, please mention any quirks that need further looking into and I will flog my computer with them.

Peace,
Dr. Z.

Comments

• Just wondered how you got on with Sierra ?
  • edited September 2016
    Update: I installed Mac OS 10.12.1 and it has been running for a couple of hours without any noticeable issues using SecuritySpy 4.0.6. Here are the details of my system:

- Mac Pro 12-core 3.07 GHz Intel Xeon
    - 20 GB of RAM
    - 500 GB SSD startup volume via a Sonnet Tempo SSD PCIe card
    - Six 1TB SATA III hard drives internally (two in the optical bay area) via RAID 0 configuration

Here are my camera settings:

- 2 Axis 1080p cameras running 24/7 at 10FPS
    - 10 Axis 720p cameras using motion activation (3 seconds pre, 15 seconds post) at 10 FPS

BTW, RAID capability via Apple’s Disk Utility has returned in Sierra. Look under File > RAID Assistant if this interests you.

Peace,
    Dr. Z.

• Hi Zeigh,

Thanks for your feedback, this is great to hear. We have been testing on the Sierra pre-release versions and have found no problems. In the next week or two we will continue our testing and wait for any reports of problems from users before we officially announce compatibility, but I don't foresee any issues.