Security Spy 3.4.8b7
  • Since updating to the latest beta, I am seeing a lot of the following in the SS log (which wasn't there in previous betas):

"08-08-2015 1417-21: Error communicating with the network device "Driveway" 3.4.8b7,10,835 Excessive packet loss from network device, the network may be too slow or defective, or this computer may be overloaded. Check the network and/or reduce this camera's frame rate.

08-08-2015 1417-23: Error communicating with the network device "Back Gate & Cars" 3.4.8b7,10,835 Excessive packet loss from network device, the network may be too slow or defective, or this computer may be overloaded. Check the network and/or reduce this camera's frame rate.

08-08-2015 1509-19: Warning: the capture destination cannot keep up with capturing temporally-compressed video data for the camera "Front Door", you may see data corruption in the captured footage

08-08-2015 1526-09: Warning: the capture destination cannot keep up with capturing temporally-compressed video data for the camera "Front Door", you may see data corruption in the captured footage "

No other changes have been made to the system SS runs on as it is a standalone mac mini dedicated to SS.

Thanks
    Colin

• Hi Colin,

It sounds like the drive that SecuritySpy is capturing video to is having difficulties - maybe it's getting full or going bad. I suggest you either free some space on the drive, reformat it, or replace it with a new drive.

Hope this helps.
  • Ben,
    I tried 3.4.8.b7 and noticed a couple of things. One was that it creates a debug.c log on the desktop and was just curious if there was a way to turn that debug log on and off. Also I have one Foscam H.264 camera that I still use inside my garage. I've had it setup as camera type of Foscam H.264 and its been working fine. When I installed this latest beta then suddenly it would not connect to SS. If I go into device settings and just change it from Foscam H.264 to ONVIF then it connects and works fine.
  • Thanks for the feedback @doodah, we use the debug file in the betas when we need to look into a particular problem that needs debugging in this way, but it shouldn't have been turned on for the beta on the site - I've uploaded a fresh copy with this turned off.

Thanks for the information about the Foscam camera. This is probably because we adjusted the RTSP port set in the Foscam H.264 profile. Previously the port was set at 88 by default, however we have since discovered other Foscam H.264 models that don't use 88, but rather use the standard port of 554 (which all cameras should do), so we adjusted the profile so it uses port 554 by default. If you manually specify RTSP port 88 for your Foscam, it should start working again. But there is no disadvantage to using the ONVIF profile.
  • You were correct. Changing the RTSP port to 88 in the device settings within SS then let the Foscam H.264 option connect again. I downloaded the updated beta and that got rid of the debug file as well.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!