An application for video and audio transmission over a network
RemoteSight is an application for network streaming of video and audio data. It captures video from any attached video input device (e.g. iSight/FaceTime cameras built into many Macs), which can then be viewed on another computer over a local network or the Internet.
The primary use of RemoteSight is to send video and audio feeds to a second computer to be recorded. To this end, it seamlessly integrates with our multi-camera CCTV software SecuritySpy.
RemoteSight can also be used as a standalone application for remotely monitoring anything happening on or around a particular computer, effectively turning the computer's camera into a network camera that can be viewed in a web browser such as Safari or Chrome.
RemoteSight has the following features:
- Streams video and audio via its built-in web server
- Supports most Mac-compatible cameras and audio input devices
- Screen capture
- Runs in the background with low CPU usage
- Integrates seamlessly with SecuritySpy
- Supports both JPEG HTTP and H.264 RTSP video streaming formats
- Remote monitoring over a local network or over the Internet