Skip to content

Doorbell Cam

edited December 2017 in SecuritySpy
Has anyone tried this Doorbell cam with SS. Its $139.00 (USD) at checkout when you enter CYBER as the coupon code. Looking for a doorbell cam and its seems TGTBT.

https://www.laviewsecurity.com/product/hd-ip-cameras/video-doorbell-camera.html

Comments

• This one is new to us. It looks promising, because its spec sheet lists RTSP support, which is all that is required to make it work with SecuritySpy. I have emailed LaView Support asking for some technical info and I will post back here when they get back to me.
  • edited December 2017
    Thanks for looking into this. Looks to be a rebranded Hikvision DS-KB6003-WIP.
    I looked through the Support / Q@A section of LaViews`s site and it said it was ONVIF compatible.
  • I have heard back from LaView support and they do indeed confirm that it's ONVIF compatible.

They also supplied info about manual setup, whereby you can use the "Manual configuration" profile in SecuritySpy with the RTSP Format setting, with Streaming/Channels/101 as the Request. However, as it supports ONVIF, there should be no need to use manual setup.

If anyone decides to buy this device, please post back here with your experiences.
  • Thanks Ben
    The coupon code stop working :(
    Day late I Guess. Back to $199.00
  • I have the Hikvision DS-KB6003-WIP model, so far i have only briefly been able to get it to work with SecuritySpy to then fail again. This was using the manual configuration settings via RTSP TCP. I should note, i can access the doorbell via the URL stream in VLC.

This past week Hikvision released a new firmware with a bunch of fixes, plus enabled web access and 'support some important ONVIF protocols'. I've tired to get it working with SecuritySpy once again using every possible configuration, but still no luck. SecuritySpy even auto-detects the incoming stream's via ONVIF.
    My only guess why it won't work is a potential conflict with the Hik-Connect service used to receive doorbell notifications and have two-way conversations.
  • edited December 2017
    I got the LaView version of the Doorbell Cam. I Played with it for a few days then returned it.
  • Same problems here. VLC works fine (rtsp://username:password@ip_addr:554/Streaming/Channels/101) for both feeds but I get "Unexpected Data" from SS.

SS Log says:
    12/20/2017 21:54:01: Error communicating with the network device "Network camera". 4.2.1,80262,801 Failed to obtain video frame from network device. Data from network device not as expected.

The camera has other issues (like not being able to turn IR off) but this is the big one.
  • edited December 2017
    Had more issues than I care to list. No option to turn off the IR was a big one. The reflection off the camera lens make night time video useless. I really wanted to work as a doorbell cam. But soon realized that was not going to happen. Was not willing to wait for firmware updated to trickle down. Hikvision is notorious for taking forever to fix there firmware issues. Also there a lot of unhappy users on other forum sites. Maybe the next version hardware version will be better. This same doorbell can is rebranded for LaView, Claire Control and a few others. I tried to import to my BI machine. Could only get it to post via a manual configuration RTSP. The frame rated was like 6 FPS and would disappear randomly off the system. Grrrrr.
  • Ben -- Do you have any insight why this camera would work via the URL in VLC, but I can't get it to work as a manual config RTSP formatted feed? Is SS pickier than VLC?
  • Hi @mikepistone I can't tell exactly what is going wrong, because we don't have one of these cameras to test, but according to the error code you mentioned, it seems the camera isn't correctly sending some vital metadata before the stream starts (specifically the "sprop-parameter-sets" data is missing or incomplete). This data is required by the decoder to be able to interpret the image data. Perhaps VLC is more tolerant about the format of the data.

If you are able to put your camera online for us on port 554 and supply us with the address and username and password, we will take a look and see if we can get this to work. If this is possible, please email us the details (we can provide more info about exactly how to set this up too, if required). Thanks.
  • @mikepostone & @ben Please let me know how you go with this.
  • I have been swamped, but I am going to upgrade to the latest doorbell firmware this weekend, and if still an issue then enable remote access for Ben. LaView support is not helped but my guess it it is not quite RTSP compliant and SView is strict about compliance.

Mike
  • I have the same problem and unfortunately believe I’m on the latest firmware. I’ve went thru 2 separate LaView Doorbell cams and same issues. They drop registration from the server. I can remote to them and blue iris them no problem. I have to reset it in order to have it register again. Any solutions yet? Anyone have the latest firmware so I can double check? Thanks
  • edited May 2018
    There is a 33 page thread on IP Cam Talk about this doorbell cam. Some have found work arounds for there installs. Have been following this cam threads. Thought i might re-buy someday. Still looking iffy.

https://ipcamtalk.com/threads/sweet-lts-is-releasing-an-onvif-compatible-doorbell-with-sd-card-slot-and-940nm-ir.22155/page-33
  • Hey everybody. Has there been any progress with this? @Ben I just got a Hikvision branded doorbell camera and I'm having the same experience and I can make this camera available for you to test if needed. I can connect via rtsp stream in VLC using "rtsp://admin:password@10.0.1.4:554/Streaming/Channels/101/" and I've read that it's working fine in BI (but I don't use that and can't personally verify) but when I create a manual configuration in SS I keep getting "Unexpected data" when I save the settings. Any help is appreciated!
  • Also, some additional quick notes. This Hikvision camera does not work with the SecuritySpy Hikvision profile and only outputs connection errors when trying to configure with ONVIF.
  • @Ben any ideas? I put a support ticket in last week and never got a reply.
  • @meatsuit, @architecturelab, and everybody else: @Ben made a modification to the Hikvision profile in the latest beta (Version 4.2.7b3 as of this writing) and I can confirm that it is working beautifully now by simply using the normal Hikvision profile. No additional modification or configuration needed. Works great. Thanks again, Ben!
  • @cstout thanks for the heads up and @Ben thanks so much for getting this to work!
  • Just downloaded the beta myself (hint: Google SecuritySpy beta to find it), and it works like a charm as reported. The camera seems pretty good - possible downsides are it's quite a fisheye view (okay by me) and there is a lot of IR haze at night, though faces are clear once you move into the picture. And it passed the wife acceptance test a lot better than the DoorBird!
  • I got this doorbell camera to work with SS. Wifi setup wasn't as easy as I thought it should be, mostly because their directions didn't match reality. Two main issues I have with it are lousy night time IR illumination. And, to get it to work reliably I had to move my wifi router within a few feet of it. Granted, my house has thick outside walls, but placing my iphone where the doorbell was mounted I had bueno wifi at 15mb/sec. So I think its wifi reception is limited. I have returned it because of these two issues.
  • I'm clearly missing something obvious. I purchased a DS-KB6003-WIP, set it up with the Hik-Connect app, and works fine, but I cannot figure out the username and password for the web interface to the doorbell. Any ideas? Help...
  • Figured it out....I was doing the full inclusion to Hik-Connect. Only need to set the WiFi and not include in Hik-Connect....
    Also, using rls. 4.2.8, I could not make the Doorbell camera work with the SS Hikvision profile, needed to use the ONVIF UDP profile. All works well now.
  • edited October 2018
    I noticed that on the Hikivison Doorbell camera the best profile in SS for resolution is ONVIF/UDP. That gives fps over 15 making the picture pretty good BUT the downside is no audio. When I use the Hikivison NVR profile the audio works but FPS drops to 1 or below 1 which is not good enough. Ben any thoughts here? I'm on the latest October beta
  • I am interested in the Hikvision doorbell... does this now work with SS including 2 way audio through the iOS app? Thanks
  • I’m also interested in this.. my ring doorbell is on deaths door (wait.. does that mean I’m the grim reaper?) so I’d love to see full support for this in SecuritySpy including 2-way audio. Ideally if that was possible having a push notification come through to the SS app when the button is pressed would mean it’d be a complete replacement for ring and might even eventually allow for it to be included in HomeKit via Homebridge or something like that.
  • Hi all, has anybody had success getting the Hikvision doorbell camera working with SS? I have the Uniden U-bell version of this camera and I got it to work on a friend's blue iris setup but no luck getting it to work with security spy.

I have this latest hik firmware installed on the camera.
    http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/portal/Access Control & Video Intercom/Firmware/Video Intercom/IP Door Bells/Wi-Fi Door Bell/DZ20180521_111_28_H2_EN_STD_V1.4.62_180809.zip

thanks
  • Yes, I've had it working since September. No issues. It was a bit finicky to set up until I figured out it's peculiarities.
  • Hi,

Can anyone confirm a rough setup guide for this please? I'd like to somehow hook up the button so it works with home assistant (heading over there in a sec) but the video / two way audio is handled through SS.
  • Oh and one other question is with the button - is a button (the doorbell button) push exposed to SS at all? If so I presume you can trigger an AppleScript on it being pushed?