Skip to content

iOS app performance degraded

edited April 2017 in SecuritySpy
Since the latest round of upgrades on the SS server and iOS platform, I've been experiencing latent responses from the iOS app only. I am running SS 4.1.2 and iOS 1.1.1

Prior to the upgrade, I never noticed a bit of latency loading the app. It was snappy actually. Now it's very latent to load the cameras. On browser (safari) over the internet or local LAN, nothing has changed however. The experience is fast and fluid. I looked through the settings on the app and turned off Live H.264 which helped. I've done all the obvious stuff, reboot phone, reboot server, reboot home router. I'm certain it's specific to the app only. My wife has the app and has not upgraded. She is not experiencing the latency.

Anyone else having these issues?

Comments

• Forgot to mention, and just read a post from yesterday. I am randomly getting the red X when attempting to query a camera. I am about to roll back my install version on the server...
  • BenBen
    edited April 2017
    I don't think rolling back the server SecuritySpy version will help here - 4.1.2 is faster to start H.264 streams than previous versions, and as you said your wife is not experiencing the latency, and she is presumably connecting to the same server.

Are you referring specifically to when you tap on an individual camera to view it? Do you notice this both when your phone is connected to the LAN (WiFi), compared to when you are connecting from the Internet?
  • My wife is on the older version of the iOS app. She is connecting to the same server.

The latency occurs when loading the main camera screen, when opening the app initially. I notice it when connected to LAN and LTE. Once the app loads, I can click on individual cameras and they open quickly. From the same device, I can load the cameras via Safari and things are normal/ as expected.
  • I would like to report that the latest beta version 4.1.5b has resolved this iOS issue. Thank you!