Skip to content

No photos in email in SS4

edited June 2016 in SecuritySpy
Hi

The photos in the email no longer appear after upgrading to SS4. I have tried changing preferences but no good. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Chris

Comments

• Hi Chris,

Under the Email section of the Preferences window, what values do you have there for "Number of images per email" and "Frame rate of image capture for emails"?
  • Ben yes I do configured the same as previous version. I have tried changing the values and resaving, but still not images in the email.
  • Hi Chris, exactly what numbers are you using here for these two values?

Do you get the notification emails, just with no images in them? Or do you not get any notification emails at all?
  • Ben

Current Settings are:
    - Number of images per email: 1; have tried 2, 3
    - Frame rate of image capture for emails: 2

Yes, I get notification emails, but no images.

Thanks
    Chris
  • Hi Chris, please select the "Open Log" option from the File menu in SecuritySpy. Towards the bottom of the log file, are there any messages about problems adding JPEG images to emails?
  • I'm having similar issues so I thought I'd report in on this thread. Have been using 4.01 since the 24th (and 4.0 before that for another few days) and received emails with pictures at first as usual. My settings are 6 images, 1 frame rate - same settings used successfully for a long time with 3.4.3. I then started missing some emails after a couple of days, with sporadic ones with no pictures. Finally today, no emails with pictures and only a few sporadic emails without pictures and those were not synchronized to the time of the event. All events seem to be showing up in "Captured files".

I logged onto the Mac Mini ("Late 2012", OS 10.11.5, 2.6 GHz i7, 4GB RAM) where SS lives and found the application not responding and the error log showing a number of "Error from camera "mycam", it will be closed. (Failed to decompress incoming video frame 22185,-8969 Image data decompression failed - bad data)". The application started responding after a minute but would not send emails even though events were being recorded. I restarted SS and am now receiving emails normally.

Happy to provide more info!

Jay
  • Ben, there are no messages about problems adding JPEG images to emails.
  • Jackpot !!!

Thanks jsable, exiting and re-running SS get the changes to happen.

Ben, this wasn't needed in the previous version - is this something you can fix?

Thanks
    Chris
  • A day later, back to no pics.

No changes made overnight, but no pics in the email today.

I think there is a bug.
  • Just got my first empty email of the day too - looks like a restart doesn't last very long. I will check out the logs when I get home...
  • Came back and found SS had crashed this morning. It had restarted successfully but was not including pictures by late this afternoon and is now not sending emails at all. First bit of Apple crash message:

Process: SecuritySpy [1985]
    Path: /Applications/SecuritySpy.app/Contents/MacOS/SecuritySpy
    Identifier: com.bensoftware.SecuritySpy
    Version: 4.0.1 (4.0)
    Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
    Parent Process: ??? [1]
    Responsible: SecuritySpy [1985]
    User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2016-06-29 08:33:03.262 -0700
    OS Version: Mac OS X 10.11.5 (15F34)
    Report Version: 11
    Anonymous UUID: 707BCB39-6642-7723-1C29-50DDF4741F91

Time Awake Since Boot: 240000 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
    Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000002e31765
    Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

VM Regions Near 0x2e31765:
    -->
    __TEXT 000000010e32d000-000000010e564000 [ 2268K] r-x/rwx SM=COW /Applications/SecuritySpy.app/Contents/MacOS/SecuritySpy
  • Ben, I think there is a bug as today I'm getting pics in the email again - nothing has changed. Thanks Chris
  • I think we have now found and fixed this problem - please download and test the latest beta version of SecuritySpy (currently 4.0.3b5) and please report back. Thanks!
  • Ben

I have been running V4.0.3 now for several days - the photos appeared in email initially, but then stopped appearing. I think there is still a bug.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks
    Chris
  • I have run 4.0.3 for a few days as well. At first I got images in the email but now those have mostly stopped. Last night I got 15 email alerts. Only one had the images attached.
  • Ben,

I had to revert back to V3.4.8 as I was getting no notification emails (so I have no idea if there were pics attached).

I tried the beta you suggested (4.03b5) with the same result and so I just reverted back as 3.4.8 works fine
  • In case this helps track it down... I have 3 cameras that are set to send alerts during the night. Last night two of them included the photos in every alert. One of them didn't include any images in any of it's alerts (but does if I restart the app).
  • Same here. Reverted back with no problems.
  • We have now released a new beta (4.0.4b3) that should (fingers crossed!) fix this annoying email bug. Please try it out and let me know. Thanks.