Skip to content

Browser remotely

edited September 2021 in SecuritySpy
Hi,

I am using Spy from Germany in view mode to monitor my cams 1k miles away setup on Spy.
Unfortunately Browser is not working in View Mode, I have to login remotely on my Mac to run the Browser on the remote Mac / Spy environment

Am I making something wrong or is this not available in View mode? Any chance to see this getting implemented?

Comments

• In view-only mode (i.e. when using SecuritySpy in an unregistered state, after the 30-day trial period has expired), then the only thing that will work is live video display on the local Mac. Remote access via the web interface will be unavailable - for that, you will need to purchase a SecuritySpy license.
  • The same licence type I already habe locally or just a one camera license?
  • I think I misunderstood your initial query. Is it correct that you are using an unregistered copy of SecuritySpy to remotely view cameras from a registered copy? This viewing method only works for live video, not captured files. The "Browser" feature on the viewer will not display any captured files, whether that copy is registered or not. The best solution here is to use a web browser (e.g. Safari) to connect to the (registered) SecuritySpy server - this will allow you to access the captured files on the server.
  • aaaaaaaaa got it... Thanks Ben.. Pls think about a native Browser client for remote usage and of course, at least I will be willing to pay for such Features despite of having a paid license