Skip to content

Concurrent ethernet ( via switch) and wifi bridge

cekcek
edited August 2021 in SecuritySpy
Recently added a fifth camera to my network. Four are POE via a switch (flawless performance) but I can't seem to access the wireless bridge from my router. Bridge is "connected" to router but video does not appear from wifi connection. Via IPScanner I can see the fifth camera. But SecuritySpy fails to see it. Ideas please.

Chuck

Comments

• To clarify, you are using the WiFi bridge to connect a wired Ethernet camera to your WiFi network, is that right? And the Mac is connected to the switch by wired Ethernet, which is connected to the router (which creates the WiFi network) by wired Ethernet?

Using the IP address of this camera obtained from IPScanner, are you able to connect to the camera in a web browser (e.g. Safari)?

What is the error that you are seeing in SecuritySpy?
  • Hi Ben,
    All is well, had to change new camera IP to match the subnet of the router and AP. My oversight. But yes I use a POE Netgear switch for four of the cameras, ethernet to my iMac. Has worked great.
    The fifth new camera is remote so I use a POE to the TP LINK AP,then wireless to my TP Link Router and wireless to my iMac.
    Thanks for your quick response, I continue to be very impressed with your SecuritySpy and your support.

Chuck
  • Great to hear you found the solution, and also great to hear that the software is working well for you!