Skip to content

PTZ with auto tracking?

edited June 2021 in Cameras
Does anyone know of a reasonably priced outdoor PTZ camera that has auto tracking? Ideally something less than $1,000, a lot less would be awesome, but I'm trying to be realistic. I've seen a few in the $3,000+ price range and that's just not going to be possible for me. It's been a harder feature to search for than I expected. When I try searching camera sites, it always brings up motion detection and zone detection. I want the camera to actually pan, and hopefully zoom into people walking through the frame.
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• edited June 2021
    I'm going to add my search notes here for future reference.
    The Sunba Illuminati appears to have a motion tracking feature and an MSRP price of $479.99. Looks like an interesting candidate. Has anyone ever tried this camera with Security Spy before?

https://sunbatech.com/product/sunba-illuminati/

They actually list Security Spy as a supported platform, bonus.
  • The Sunba Illuminati definitely works with SecuritySpy - we've just been in touch with a user who has one (setup note for this camera: ONVIF is off by default and must be enabled, then you must create an ONVIF user and then use the username/password for this in SecuritySpy). I can't speak to how well this camera's auto-tracking works, but the camera certainly seems to be good value in general, considering its powerful PTZ capability including 25x zoom, and other features such as 1000ft night vision.
  • Excellent, just ordered one. I'll put it through it's paces and see how it performs. I read a bunch of reviews on a few different sites and it sounds like most folks are pretty happy with it.
    Thank you for the ONVIF note, that will save me some time figuring that out.
  • Sounds good - when you've had a chance to test it please report back with your experiences!
  • @timdavid...Did you find that the Sunba PTZ camera work to your liking?