Skip to content

Daily Statistics eMail failure

edited September 2020 in SecuritySpy
I have been receiving the daily statistics email for a couple years now-- and suddenly it stopped. I believe it happened when I upgraded to SecuritySpy 5.2.5. I double checked the signin information and regenerated a new app specific password (Apple email), but it comes with Error 127020,5501 unknown error. What have I missed?

Comments

• Sorry about this, I'm not immediate sure what this could be. Could you please try the different encryption options under Preferences > Email in turn, to see if any of them resolve the issue?

If not, then I suggest you switch the email sending type to SecuritySpy's own email relay server for now, while we look into this issue.
  • I am having the same issue too
  • I tried each of the three encryption options under Preferences-Email with the same result.

Next, I changed the Sending Method to SecuritySpy email relay service. Further, I verified under Preferences-General that my correct email address is entered under both "Email error reports to:" and "Email daily statistic to:"

Thanks for your help-- we'll see if it works at midnight-- (ok, maybe when I wake up)
  • I am having the same problem. I went back to version 5.2.4 and everything started working again with emails. I did not change anything in the preferences between the two versions.
  • Judging by these multiple reports, there may be a bug in SecuritySpy 5.2.5 related to SMTP sending (possibly via Apple's servers only, or possibly other servers too). Sorry about this. We'll investigate and get this fixed ASAP. For now, please use SecuritySpy's email relay service instead.
  • SecuritySpy's email relay service worked perfectly and I woke up to my normal daily statistics email. It doesn't matter to me where the email comes from-- I'll stick to the relay service. As always, thank you for the support.