Skip to content

ai motion new version

edited June 2020 in SecuritySpy
Hi yesterday ive installed the new version, today i had a lot of notifications (wrong) about person movement (is a tree) that i didnt had before, i have sensivity 50% and ai human 90%.
can be due to new version?

Comments

• BenBen
    edited June 2020
    This shouldn't be due to the new version, but if you would like to try the old one and compare them side by side, here are the download links:

SecuritySpy 5.2.2

SecuritySpy 5.2.3

If you think there is a problem, please send a screenshot of your Preferences -> Cameras -> Triggers screen for this particular camera to support@bensoftware.com and we'll help you directly with this. When emailing, please supply your log file (File menu in SecuritySpy -> Open Log). Thanks.
  • Im also having no luck with AI. I created the (SS AI predictions) folder and nothing shows. No errors in the log file. Ive tried rolling back to 5.2.2 and still having problems.
    I ran the classifier test and didnt get any errors there.
  • BenBen
    edited June 2020
    Hi Mike, the folder you'll need to create is called "AI Predictions" (as described in this blog post: Optimising SecuritySpy’s AI Object Detection. Hopefully the images created there will shed some light on what is happening.

In addition, you should enable video motion detection under Preferences -> Cameras -> Triggers, and set the Human slider to around 85 (for Motion Capture and/or Actions as appropriate). Then you must set a schedule to arm either Motion Capture or Actions by right-clicking on the camera and selecting "Armed 24/7" (or other suitable schedule).

If you are still having problems, please email us and provide screenshots of your settings.
  • Yes Ben. Everything was working fine on the latest Beta version, I downloaded this new release and AI no longer works. I’ll send the screenshots. Thanks.
    Mike.
  • Can confirm started yesterday to malfunction
  • There does appear to be a problem here, we are investigating this now and hope to have a solution very soon.
  • BenBen
    edited June 2020
    Sorry about this, there was a bug that erroneously turned off the AI in a rare set of circumstances. This should now be fixed in the latest beta version of SecuritySpy (currently 5.2.4b2). Please confirm.
  • Yes Ben! That fixed it!
    It’s strange that I can’t creat an ai folder that works on the desktop. I have to creat a folder in home SecuritySpy. But thanks for the fix!
  • Also. I can’t play videos on IOS or Apple TV.
    I have full administrative setup.
    The video previews are there but when I tape a video to play, it says (connection failed, unable to connect to the server)
  • Great to hear the problem is fixed. This just shows how effective the AI is at screening out false positives!

Sorry, I got the location of the "AI Predictions" folder wrong above. You are correct, the path for this folder should be ~/SecuritySpy/AI Predictions (i.e. within the SecuritySpy folder within the Home folder).

As for the iOS playback issue, this is a bug in the beta (we're working on the web server code) which should now be fixed in the new 4.2.4b3 beta version - please confirm.
  • Confirmed. Everything works great on this end!
    Thanks for the update. And yes the AI is fantastic at screening out unwanted false positives. Keep up the great work!...
  • Confirmes also on this Ena. Thanks for you Support