Feature wish: "Play sound" action via camera/device audio path
  • I might be missing it, but it would be interesting to have a "Play Sound" action that would pipe a pre-recorded sound to cameras/devices which had the ability to present audio. This would be interesting if an action was able to trigger multiple sounds from multiple cameras/devices. I can of course write a script to do this that directly interfaces with the camera devices, but it seems that SS has most of this functionality already built in.
  • Thanks for the suggestion, I think it's a good one. SecuritySpy currently cannot do this, but we'll see if we can implement this feature in the future.
  • Some of the Axis cameras I have contain a thermal motion sensor, and a speaker. They're fantastic - they sense motion, and can then be programmed to play a sound (the sound "psssst" is built-in) and then half a second later turn on the white LED illuminator. This would be much better to do centrally if I had the option.
  • This would be a really cool feature to have!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!