A free utility that will attempt to fix corrupted QuickTime Movie files
This software will attempt to repair corrupt movie files.
It works with movie files containing video in the following formats: JPEG, MPEG-4, H.264, DV-NTSC and DV-PAL. Audio is currently not supported; only video.
The current version is 3.3, released 18 November 2015. This version is compatible with any Intel Mac running OS X 10.5 or later.
This software is free for anyone to use. Please note that this software is provided AS IS and without warranty of any kind. It is designed to be useful but Ben Software Ltd will not be responsible for any damage this software may cause to your files. You should make a backup of any file that you process with this software.
Instructions1. Make a copy of the corrupt movie file so that you don't change the original file
2. Open the Movie Fixer application
3. Drag the corrupt file into the Movie Fixer window or click the "Select file..." button and select the file
4. Enter the frame rate that you would like for the playback of the resulting fixed movie
5. Set the other parameters (codec, video size, depth) to match the settings of the file (this is not required if the file was created by SecuitySpy version 3.0 or later).
6. Click the "Process" button