Skip to content

One camera showing the broken icon in iOS, but not anywhere else

edited October 2019 in SecuritySpy
One of my cameras is showing that dreaded "this camera is broken" icon in the iOS app on all of my devices, but is fine on my Mac and via web.

I tried rebooting it (which usually fixes it), to no avail. I also tried force quitting the iOS app and restarting it, but no luck there either.

Anyone seen this before and know how to fix it?

Comments

• Restarted the app on my Mac and that seems to have fixed it.

Weird.
  • It’s happening again.

Same camera. ????
  • I don't know what's happening, but it seems better today.

I changes its settings from the network discovery version to a hard coded IP and it's behaving for now.
  • I am having the same issue, only have one of my cameras showing and it is showing as broken. I tried hardcoding to no avail.
  • I am having this issue with all of my cameras intermittenly in iOS since I upgraded to 5. I haven't been able to figure it out. Thinking of going back to 4.
  • BenBen
    edited October 2019
    When you see a broken connection icon in the iOS app the first thing to do is to go to SecuritySpy on your Mac to check the status of the cameras. Usually this is going to be a problem with the feeds coming into your Mac rather than the connection between the Mac and the iOS device. If you see a problem there, check the log for information (File menu -> Open Log) or email us and include the log file as well as any relevant screenshots (e.g. the All Cameras window showing the camera disconnected, and a screenshot of its settings under Preferences -> Cameras -> Device).