Skip to content

Can't connect to D-Link DCS 930L

edited February 2014 in Cameras
Hi all, I got my first camera connected to SecuritySpy with no problems, a D-Link 933L.

I went to the store to get more and came back with D-Link 930L instead (they're close, didn't realize the difference)

I've set the first of these up, but SecuritySpy is having problems connecting to it, I am trying manual config, DCS-910/920/930, and also, because it's the setting that works on the 933L, the setting for the DCS-1130/2102/etc.

Nothing is working, it keeps saying timeout or "connecting" (with or without user auth enabled in the cam).

I can log into the camera via my web browser to the same internal IP from the same computer that SecuritySpy is running on, so it doesn't look like a network problem.

Any ideas?

Comments

• The device profile name for this camera in SecuritySpy is "D-Link DCS-910, DCS-920, DCS-930, DCS-932" so this is the one to use. The errors you are getting certainly sound like network errors - make sure you have entered the camera's IP address exactly correctly in SecuritySpy (try re-entering it), and leave the port boxes empty.

If you are still having problems please email us screenshots of the camera's setup in SecuritySpy as well as the camera's IP settings when you connect to it with a web browser. To capture a screenshot, press command-shift-4 and select the area you want to capture. A file called "Screen shot" will appear on your desktop.
  • I'm a dolt. It's working now. Sorry and thanks for the reply.