Skip to content

live.html alternative

edited May 2019 in SecuritySpy
Ben,

Wondering if there was an alternative to using the live.html.. I was trying to add a live2.html to the server without the Live text and links to try to better accommodate a responsive iframe. Is there any trick other then modifying the live.html file to get just the clean video out?

Best,

Phillip

Comments

• BenBen
    edited May 2019
    Hi Philip,

This blog post should tell you what you need to know: Customising SecuritySpy’s Web Interface.

Basically you can copy and edit the existing live.html page with any changes you like.
  • Ben,

Thanks for the reply.

I do not think I explained the end goal well in the OP. So I would like the live.html to stay the same when navigating from the server page (also via the web). But I would also like another html page exactly the same as the live.html but without the Live header and links to access the server, if that makes sense. So someone could access that video straight from an iframe or link and would not see links or text.

Best,

Phillip

• Hi Phillip,

In that case simply rename your custom page something else - for example live1.html and place it in the ~/SecuritySpy/Web folder. Then the original page is unaffected, but your custom page is also available if you link to it directly.
  • Ben,

Thanks, will give that a try and let you know if i run into any issues.

Best,

Phillip
  • Ben,

Tested your fix without luck.. the issues is when I try to pass variables like in the live.html file...

live?groupSelect1=All+Cameras&cameraNum=114&viewMethod=0&imageSize=0&windowWidth=1536&windowHeight=722&86369

will work while:

live2?groupSelect1=All+Cameras&cameraNum=114&viewMethod=0&imageSize=0&windowWidth=1536&windowHeight=722&86369

gives me a 404 error on the server, though I can still navigate to live2.html as an html file.

Let me know your thoughts,

Best,

Phillip
  • OK that's true, the custom page can't use parameters passed in the URL.

Try this: view the cameras you want, on the normal live page in SecuritySpy. Then right-click on that page and select "Save Page As..." ("Save As..." in Chrome). For the Format, choose "Page Source" (in Chrome it's "HTML only").

Rename this saved page as your live2.html and place it into ~/SecuritySpy/Web, and then you can recall it via the web server at http://address:port/live2.html

Hope this helps.
  • Thanks for the tip will give that a go.