Skip to content

Camera loses connection and reconnecting every minute

2»

Comments

• Hi Ben, I've recently purchased my first IP cam, its a zmodo ZP-ibi13-W. After a few days of internet research I finally managed to get it going with SecuritySpy, this wasn't your software's fault, the documentation on the camera is essentially non existent, eventually I was able to discover the right stream settings.

Anyway it's now working really well with one exception and after your last post you're going to hate me for this, every 15 secs the camera disconnects to a blue screen and reconnects about 2 secs later, regular as clockwork. Ive tried both the 720p stream and the VGA sub stream, Ive tried both the TCP and UDP streams, all are exactly the same and disconnect at the same regular 15 sec interval.

I've tried the official active X control running in Internet Explorer under Parallels and it does not have this same connection issue, neither does the official zmodo zviewer iPhone app, its rock solid at the same time as SecuritySpy is disconnecting.

All this lead me to this support page, any ideas? Does this sound like the same issue?

Thanks

Gareth
  • Hi Gareth - apologies for the late reply. Yes this does sound like the same issue. I really thought 20 seconds would be short enough! I've sent you an email with a link to a test version of SecuritySpy with 10 second keep-alive frequency - please let me know if this works for your camera.
  • Hi Ben

Yep, you nailed it, its a rock solid stream now. Great to know I now officially have the most 'needy' security camera so far discovered! Go me and my novice camera choices!

Thanks for your help! Loving the software by the way.
  • Hi Ben, I too have purchased a pesky Zmodo ZP-ibi13-W, it gives me 10-11 seconds of viewing followed by 6-7 seconds of blue screen and keeps on rotating between the two. I also tried various settings without luck.
    Sorry and thanks for any help you can provide, Gary.
  • Hi Gary, I've sent you an email with a link to test the newer beta version - let us know how you get on.
  • Hi Ben, thanks for getting back so quickly, beta version running perfectly - really pleased with the software - thanks for your help.
  • Hi Ben, I too have the same Zmodo as GaryN and would like to try the new beta please. Thanks!
  • hervproductionz - I've just emailed you a link.
  • Hi Ben,

I have the same issue, it appears, as the above. I recently sent an email to support, and then thought I'd poke around here. My issue is with 9 - Samsung SND-7061 3 Megapixel Dome Security Camera's. Every 60 seconds, disconnect. I also have 4 Arecont Vision AV3456DN-S MicroDome WDR 3MP Outdoor IP Camera's, and they are rock solid. My setup is a 6 core 3.5Ghz MacPro, with 12Gb of RAM, gigabit POE switch, CAT 6e to all cameras. H.264 RTSP, 5fps, and only 640x360 at this time. Was hoping a lower res would resolve the issue, but to no avail.

Can I get that beta?

Thanks!
    Lou
  • Hi Lou, I've made the beta version available from the SecuritySpy beta version download page. Please let me know if it fixes your problem Lou.
  • Hi Ben,

I installed the latest 3.4.1b2 version, and much to my dismay, still having the disconnect issue. I noticed in your post above "So, I have added an option to the ONVIF profile in SecuritySpy that allows you to choose between TCP and UDP transport for the media streams. This option is in the Format menu in the Video Device Settings window." I don't see the option to select either TCP or UDP in the menu???

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Lou
  • One other comment. After installing this beta, when I attempt to view the video's I am getting a prompt stating I need to install QT 7. Videos recorded prior play fine on QT 10.

Thanks,
    lt
  • This is a warning to users of Zmodo cameras:

The latest firmware release from Zmodo intentionally disables standard protocols such as ONVIF and RTSP, which prevents them working with third-party software such as SecuritySpy. They claim that they are doing this for the purposes of "fixing security issues", however a less charitable (but in my opinion more plausible) interpretation is that this is a tactic to force customers to use their own apps and recorders.

I would advise anyone with a Zmodo camera to avoid installing any further firmware updates, and to make sure the camera is not set to update itself automatically.