Skip to content

Hikvision DS-2CD6412FWD

GusGus
edited September 2014 in Cameras
Hi, just read a good review of this Hikvision camera: http://www.networkcameracritic.com/?p=2371 and was wondering if it is likely to work with SecuritySpy? I saw one Hikvision listed in the Supported IP Camera List, and a few others mentioned in the forum, but nothing specific on this model. It comes in three different lens options, I'm not sure if the model number changes accordingly.

Thanks

Comments

• Hi Gus, though we haven't tested this particular camera, I think it's highly likely to work with SecuritySpy using the existing Hikvision profile already built into the software. It seems that Hikvision have kept their API very consistent across their range of cameras (so if one works then they are all likely to work).

It looks like a nice camera - if you decide to go for it please report back and let us know your experiences.
  • Thank Ben, will do. I'm thinking it might make a good front door camera, I don't want anything too obnoxious for visitors.
  • Yes this kind of camera would be ideal for a front door camera. Also check out the Axis P12 series cameras, which would also be perfect for this purpose.
  • I forgot to post an update: the camera does indeed work with SS. I haven't got it installed in a permanent place yet, but so far, so good.

Thanks for mentioning the Axis P12. It's quite a bit more expensive, but it does look like a good choice for the front door.
  • Hi Gus, great, thanks for reporting back!